Categories:

Shafty Phat-C Diablogs Astros Baseball Fantasy Sports The Arts

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Astros 9, Cubs 2

In other news...

No, seriously. Last night's win was impressive. It's nice to see the bats finally waking up. Oh, damn. I've just jinxed them now, haven't I?

Cletus pitched a great game... finally. I thought he looked pretty tired in the 7th (when he consequently gave up the bomb to Roid-Monger Phil Nevin). Granted, I was tired by the 7th. I like Cletus, but he is so cumbersome to watch (works slowly, throws WAY too many pitches, etc.). Anyway, I was glad to see him get one game closer to .500.

Chris Burke is unbelievable. I think that's the first time since like 1991 that an Astro has scored 5 runs in a game. For crying out loud, they couldn't get him out last night (on base every time he had a plate appearance, and even stole a base). Willy T., I hope you're taking notes on how to get playing time.

Special K's come out of his Special Funk... for now. I'm glad to see him starting to be more productive... especially with guys in scoring position.

HUZZAH! for Jason Lane and Adam Everett for staying above the Mendoza Line!

BOOOOOOOOOO! to Brad Ausmus who, with the bases loaded, only 1 out, and a FREAKING 3-0 COUNT, decided to swing away and grounded into a double-play. That gets last night's Stupid Award.

Of course, The Mole added another craptastic performance. Seriously, you guys, is it possible for him to pitch and NOT give up at least 1 run?

So tonight it's Roy Harvey vs. Greg "Corky II" Maddux...


"I whine when I don't get my way. My way is 4" off the plate." ~ Corky II

1 Comments:

Blogger Shafty said...

To say that I was disappointed in the Mole's performance last night would be an understatement.

What also annoyed me was all of those dumbass fans sitting right behind home plate who thought that standing up and making asses of themselves while the Mole was pitching was actually helping their cause.

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home