Categories:

Shafty Phat-C Diablogs Astros Baseball Fantasy Sports The Arts

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Nuances & Nuisances


Well, I'm finally here... I know you've all been holding your breath, turning blue in the face and grunting as if you'd "accidentally" swallowed half a bottle of Pepto after eating Chipotle; but never fear, I'm finally HERE!!!!

Now that that's out of the way...

Just so you know how my brain works, there are little things that thrill me that others find, well, annoying. Like the times when you're typing and words on the next line match words on the top line like this: ping and words on the next line...

Isn't that cool? Okay, maybe not to most "normal" people, but I'm not normal (shut up, Shafty).

You know what else is cool? Possessing the Jedi Mind Trick power... and USING it ! You know, kinda' like Frank Robinson did last night against my beloved Astros. We all know that it's not our fault we lost. No, Darth Robinson used the Mind Trick to convince not one, but all four umpires to call a balk.

Now before all of you Astro-haters (i.e., those of you who live outside of Houston) start crying about how it really was a balk, let me just say that I know. That's not the point, Danielsans. The point is that all of the schleps in blue missed the call. How, there's no telling... maybe there was a hot chick flashing her boobies, or more realistically, the kiss cam was on a guy with a beer who didn't want to kiss his sist... er... girlfriend.

Anyway, how is it that the entire staff blows a call; but when a mana-jedi comes out and complains--POOF!--call appears. At least they humored the Garr and let him complain.

On another Jedi note, the Dark Lord of the Sith (remember, he does manage a team from our capital) has other tricks up his sleeve. They've said Brad Lidge might be tipping his pitches. I think Darth Robinson is "guiding" them. So as not to be too terribly obvious, he mixes in the fat ones with balls in the dirt.

How, how my brethren, can we stop the dreaded Dark Lord from wreaking his mayhem on our beloved heroes? Alas, it is yet again up to me and Shafty to take out this evil threat and salvage this series.

Shafty, I hope you've washed your robe and dusted off your lightsaber. TO WAR!!!!!111

2 Comments:

Blogger Shafty said...

Great first post.

Welcome to blogging.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Phat-C said...

Well, thank you very much, Sir. There will be more... MANY, MANY more...

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home